Create, Open and Run Your Project
Android Studio is a mobile app development environment.
To create a sample project
- Open Android Studio.
- From the File menu, select New Project. The Create New Project dialog box is displayed.
- Enter an Application name, Company Domain and Project location. Click Next.
- On the next screen, check the Phone and Tablet option, and from the Minimum SDK dropdown select 15 4.0.3 IceCreamSandwich (the current minimum Android version required). Click Next.
- On the next screen, from Activity select Empty Activity. Click Next.
- On the next screen enter Activity Name and Layout Name.
- Click Finish. The project has been created.